Friday, September 21, 2012

Shopping for This Boy


Today I took Max shopping for sunglasses. He lost his old pair at Bear Lake and ever since then, every time we walk to school to pick up Sophie in the afternoon all I hear is "It's too bright! I need mine sunglasses! Can you find them?" So today we stopped by Walgreens where Max declared all the sunglasses "too big". There was one pair he would agree to buy but they genuinely were too big and they weren't from the cheapest tier. So I told Max that if he would agree to buy one of these sunglasses I would also buy him candy. It turns out the cheaper sunglasses + candy = the same price as the sunglasses he wanted in the first place. Argh!

I probably wouldn't be as frustrated if I hadn't just spent the last two weeks trying to find Max a yellow jacket. He doesn't have a jacket that fits, and all the stores here are only stocking gray jackets. Max will only wear a yellow jacket. So every morning when we walk Sophie to school I hear "It's too chilly! I'm cold! I don't want to wear mine sweatshirt; I don't like it!" (He's not kidding about the sweatshirt thing. I've never seen someone take a sweatshirt off so fast.) I finally turned to Amazon for some help. The yellow jacket was about $10 more than a blue one, but I figured that the extra money would be worth it since he absolutely won't wear a non-yellow jacket.

The new, yellow, jacket should be here on Tuesday. Just after the coldest morning of the week.

P. S. This was written by Chelsea. I can't manage to log in as myself. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment