Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rob's midday flashback

For some unknown reason, while I was in a meeting today, I had this weird flashback to when I was a kid and visiting my dad in his office. While he did things in the classroom or handled paperwork or something, he would give me some change for the soda vending machine outside his office door and I would almost always get a can of Hawaiian Punch.
It was always teeth-shrinkingly cold and I'd sip it while I either played Street Rod 2 or tried out one of the respiratory care simulations he had on his computer. (I'm not bad at respiratory care simulations, by the way.) And while I was waiting for things to load, I'd open the long middle drawer on the desk, the one that typically holds pens and Post-It Notes and stuff like that, except there were needles in there. This is odd to say because of my feelings toward needles, but my favorite thing to play with in the drawer was a spinal tap needle, which was so big, there was an insert in the middle to help it keep its shape.

I never beat the King of the Road in Street Rod and never got a desire to become a respiratory therapist, but Hawaiian Punch is still awesome and I have no idea why I had that flashback in the middle of my meeting today, but there you have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment